Last updated: 8 December 2020
This website together with our related applications and social media accounts that link to this policy (together the Planit Bnb Platform) are each owned and operated by Planit Bnb Limited (Planit Bnb, us, we or our).
We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the security of any personal information you provide to us. Any personal information you provide to us, whether via the Planit Bnb Platform or otherwise, will be collected, held and used by Planit Bnb in accordance with this policy and all applicable privacy laws.
This policy covers our data processing activities as an “agency” (under the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) of New Zealand (Privacy Act)) and/or “controller” (under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)), as applicable. When this policy refers to our “processing” your personal information, it covers all activities relating to our use of that personal information, from its collection through to its storage and disposal and everything in between. For the purposes of this policy “personal information” means identifiable information about you, for example your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries and so on. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal information has been aggregated and anonymised) then this policy doesn’t apply.
We may need to update this policy from time to time, including when necessary to reflect changes to the Planit Bnb Platform, updates to our services or to reflect any changes in law. When we update this policy, we will revise the “Last updated” date at the top of the policy. Where the changes are material, we will use reasonable endeavours notify you – usually by prominently posting a notice of those changes on the Planit Bnb Platform or by sending you an email. If you disagree with the revised policy, you should cease using the Planit Bnb Platform. If you do not cease using the Planit Bnb Platform before the date the revised policy becomes effective, your continued use of the Planit Bnb Platform and will be subject to the revised policy.
We encourage you to read this policy carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us using the details available here.
How we collect your personal information
Information you provide to us directly
We collect personal information about you when you use the Planit Bnb Platform, including when you enquire via the Planit Bnb Platform for us to build an awesome travel itinerary for you. Some specific examples of the types of information we may collect directly from you include:
- Guest enquiry information: When you enquire via the Planit Bnb Platform for our team to build a travel itinerary for you, we may require personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and other personal preferences.
- Host registration: In order to register as a Planit Bnb host, we may require you to complete a profile, this profile may include personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number. Parts of your profile (like your user number, user name, and feedback history) may be part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others. For other services we may also collect photos connected to your profile if you upload or publish these.
- Payment information: We may collect your financial information (like your bank account details) when you make payments to us or third parties using the Planit Bnb Platform (see below for how we use and hold this) or when we make payments to hosts.
- Communications and phone calls: When you communicate with us or other users of the Planit Bnb Platform, we may collect information about your communication and any other information you provide. This includes when you call us, in which case we may retain your call for fraud prevention, internal training and quality assurance purposes.
- Other information: You may otherwise provide us information directly (by email or in other formats), such as when you provide feedback, fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to our services or use other features of our services.
Information collected automatically
You may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings however, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some features or services of the Planit Bnb Platform will not function properly or may not be fully available and we may be unable to provide you with all our services.
Some other examples of information which may be automatically collected through your use of the Planit Bnb Platform include:
- Usage information: We collect information about your interactions with the Planit Bnb Platform, such as the pages or other content you view or information related to your transactions on the Planit Bnb Platform.
- Location information: When you use certain features of the Planit Bnb Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. your physical or postal address or your device’s IP address) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Analytics: We automatically collect analytics information when you use the Planit Bnb Platform, even if you have not created an account or logged in. We may use third party providers to help us with this. Information collected includes, among other things, details about how you’ve used the Planit Bnb Platform (including links to third party applications), your IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g. crashes, browser type), and the pages, applications or services you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Planit Bnb Platform.
Information from third parties or external sources
Where we collect your personal information, we will generally collect that information directly from you. However, we may in some cases be required to collect information about you from other sources, including:
- Information from third party services you use: If you link or connect to the Planit Bnb Platform using a third party service (e.g. Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorised by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Analytics information: We may collect analytics information from third parties (e.g. we may use Google Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest, Google AdWords, Flurry, and Nielsen//Online counting system). Analytics information is generally anonymised, but may include the device you’re using, the applications you use, your operating system, your IP address, and your geo-demographic information.
- Advertising information: Unless you have opted out, we may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Planit Bnb Platform through our partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
- Information from public sources: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you that is publicly available.
Where you provide us with any personal information about another person via the Planit Bnb Platform or otherwise, you must have that individual’s prior consent to do so. By providing us any personal information about another person, you warrant that you have that individual’s permission to provide that information to us.
How we use your personal information
If you choose to provide us with personal information, we will primary use your information to operate the Planit Bnb Platform, to provide you with our services and otherwise to support our relationship with you.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes, which may include the following:
Provision of services
- We may enable you to communicate with other users of the Planit Bnb Platform or make payments in connection with our services. For example, if you make an enquiry about a particular host, we will send that information to the relevant host, and will keep a record of the enquiry for administration of the Planit Bnb Platform.
- We may personalise, improve or enrich your experience on the Planit Bnb Platform by, among other things:
- not asking you to log in unnecessarily (i.e. we may save your credentials for you);
- ranking search results;
- delivering information you might be interested in, such as recommendations and content specific to your interests;
- unless you opt out, showing third-party ads based on your use of our Services and your preferences; and
- allowing you to create a profile, or creating a profile for you, for relevant Services. If we ever create a profile for you, you will be notified before your profile is activated and you will be able to update or deactivate your profile.
- We may use your information to keep the Planit Bnb Platform secure, and to protect your rights and property and the rights and property of third parties or us.
Security, safety and assurance
- We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity (e.g. if we believe you have used another person’s payment details without their permission or knowledge, we may disclose your personal information relating to the transaction to that person or their bank).
- We will use information to ensure we comply with the law, including disclosures authorised under the Privacy Act 2020.
- We may use your information to resolve disputes with or between any of our users. We will seek your permission before disclosing your contact details to a third party involved in a dispute, unless this is permitted under the Privacy Act 2020 (e.g. we may disclose your information where the other party has sworn a statutory declaration regarding the dispute).
- We may use your information to conduct investigations relating to the Planit Bnb Platform and make risk assessments. We may also use your information to conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks.
- We may use your information to allow for auditing of our services and businesses.
Advertising and marketing
- With your consent we may send or show you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information about our services.
- With your consent we may send or show you third-party promotional messages, marketing, advertising (including on-site display advertising), and other information that may be of interest to you (including information about our business partners). If you opt out of customised third-party advertising, the advertising you see on our websites may be less relevant to you.
We may otherwise disclose your information at your direction, or otherwise as you agree with us. We will not keep your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
How we may share your personal information
There will be times when we need to share your personal information with third parties. Where we do disclose your personal information to third parties, we do so in connection with the purposes outlined above and will use reasonable efforts to make those third parties aware of the terms of this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any related company of Planit Bnb which is governed by this policy;
- third party service providers who assist and enable us to use your personal data to support delivery of our products to you or provide functionality on the Planit Bnb Platform, for example, these third party service providers may include:
- payment processors engaged by us to securely store or handle payments information, such as credit or debit card details;
- providers of appointment / meeting scheduling software;
- providers of services that provide aggregated reports on website activity;
- providers of email management and distribution tools; and
- web-hosting companies;
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights;
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
- other people where we have your consent, including service providers; and
- to others where your identity is anonymised.
These service providers may be granted access to some or all of the personal information you provide or we collect, but will be restricted from using your personal information you provide other than as is reasonably necessary to perform their services for us. The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may be located within or outside New Zealand.
Where any disclosure is to a third party located outside New Zealand we will only make that disclosure in accordance with the requirements for overseas transfers of personal information as set out in the Privacy Act and any other applicable privacy laws. You may request more information about the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of Personal Information to jurisdictions outside of New Zealand by contacting our data privacy officer.
How do we hold and protect your information?
Planit Bnb is committed to keeping your personal information as safe and secure as possible and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We continuously implement and update our administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, despite all of our measures we can’t 100% guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your personal information.
We store your personal information within New Zealand and, because certain elements of the Planit Bnb Platform are hosted in the cloud, in countries such as Australia and the United States where the servers of the cloud service providers are hosted. You authorise us to transfer, store, and process your personal information in New Zealand and these other countries on the basis that such personal information will remain within Planit Bnb’s effective control at all times.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Managing your information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have certain rights in connection with your personal information, including rights to:
- request access to your personal information;
- request correction of your personal information; and
- request erasure of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact our Privacy Officer (details below). Please note that, if you are located in New Zealand, there are some statutory exceptions (contained in Part 4 of the Privacy Act) where your request for access to your personal information may be denied.
If you are unsatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact us further here to advise us of your concerns and, if we are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you may wish to take your complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand (or your local data protection authority, if you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA)) for a review of your complaint.
Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how Planit Bnb handles your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where possible).
In certain jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
The Planit Bnb Platform or our services do not address anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
If you have any questions about what personal information we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this policy or the Planit Bnb Platform, please get in touch with our privacy officer using the contact details set out below.
If you would like any further information about our handling of personal information or to make a complaint about something you believe breaches the Privacy Act (or, as applicable, the GDPR), please lodge a written complaint addressed to our Privacy Officer using the email address below. Once we receive your complaint, we will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time, usually within 20 working days (or, for customers in the EEA, in any event in accordance with any applicable requirements of the GDPR).
Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues that you raise.
Nick Bolton: email@example.com